Senior UX Engineer
Startups.co is looking for a Senior User Experience Engineer to join our product team in building the next-generation of online tools and services for entrepreneurs.
With 22M+ users and 1M+ registered startup companies across our family of 6 products, Startups.co is the largest platform focused on helping founders at every stage of starting a business. Founders use Startups.co products to:
- learn and engage with other founders on Startups.co
- plan new ventures on Bizplan.com
- seek mentorship from world-class experts on Clarity.fm
- raise funding on Fundable.com
- acquire first customers on Launchrock.com
- hire on-demand staff from Zirtual.com
The Ideal Candidate… You?
You are passionate about using technology to ship well-designed products that people love.
You are dedicated to building great user experiences using React.js and styling code inspired by best practices.You have a solid understanding of modern front-end Web development, including the latest CSS skills and responsive design strategies.
You have an eye for detail when building online products.
You enjoy working with cutting-edge technology, but maintain a sensibility in choosing appropriate tools for the job.
You thrive in a challenging fast-paced environment in which engineers are expected to take initiative in solving problems, developing skills, and building great products. You collaborate well with cross-functional teams and are excited by the chance to teach and learn from others.
What You'll Do
- Build Web-based software products that empower founders to launch/grow their businesses
- Collaborate with our entire team to implement our product vision, with a strong focus on UX execution
- Build amazing user interfaces and experiences under the direction of our design team
- Develop online assets (landing pages, email templates, etc) to power marketing efforts for Startups.co brands
- Contribute to a maturing startup environment, helping to accelerate future growth
- Create high-impact front-end libraries that impact multiple brands and millions of users
- Work with an insanely talented and fast-moving team of passionate builders
- 5+ years of experience building complex user interfaces and experiences
- Experience building component-based design systems
- Expert understanding of responsive web development and grid development
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest front-end tech and design best practices
- 4-year degree (or equivalent work experience) in design, engineering, or related field(s)
- Bonus Skills
- Familiarity with accessibility in web interfaces
Salary: Compensation varies greatly based on the experience of the candidate and the work assigned. We understand market rates well, so we are certainly competitive.
Stock: Every person in our company owns a piece of the company. A signing bonus in stock will be made available so that you are a part of the company from Day 1.
Insurance: We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage. We need you healthy to do your best work.
Vacation: We don’t track vacation. If you need time off, take it. We’re easy like that.
Working Environment: We work in a modern open-concept building nestled into the forest on a hill above a pond just minutes from downtown Columbus, OH. Our culture is relaxed with a strong focus on enabling people to do great work with little bureaucracy. We typically work 9am to 6pm EST and offer work-from-home flexibility every Wednesday.